Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers this summer! If you are interested in volunteering during the summer with us, sign ups will appear on the website in Spring 2015. Our Summer Program generally runs from mid-June – July.
Our Summer Academic Camp is an eight week intense program for students entering 1st – 8th grade (volunteers work with 1st – 3rd grade students, unless otherwise requested). Students focus on READING with the help of certified teachers and VOLUNTEER TUTORS. Details about the Summer Academic Camp are listed below:
- Monday – Friday (June & July)
- Times: 8am – 11:30am, Monday – Friday (you may volunteer for anytime between 1 hour – 4 hours per day)
- Locations: We have over 20 locations throughout Kansas City, MO. Locations for Summer 2015 – TBD
- All volunteers must fill out a Background Check each year. You can do so through the application form, or you can download the Background Check Form here.
- TRAINING: Although training is not mandatory for volunteering, many volunteers find this video helpful in preparation for their first volunteer date. We are proud to work alongside Turn the Page KC, who produced this video for our use. Click here for a 5 minute training video!
Returning volunteers may click on the “Volunteer Info Center” to simply sign up on the schedule for dates! No need to fill out the application again. If you have any questions about volunteering, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Mallory Gobet at firstname.lastname@example.org.