2015 Summer Academic Program information for parents:
- June 8th – July 31st, Mondays – Fridays
- Hours are 7:30am – 6pm
- Transportation to the program and home is not provided
- Parents may only sign up their child for ONE summer program
- You must provide an address within the KCPS boundaries in order to enroll in our summer program
- When? Monday – Friday, 4 – 6 pm, & Saturday, 9 am – 1 pm
- Where? Covenant Presbyterian Church, 5931 Swope Parkway, KCMO
- Is it required? While pre-testing is not a requirement for the summer program, we highly encourage this, as it will help us prepare to better serve your child’s needs.
“My family is so appreciative of this program and how it has helped our son over the years progress in his reading abilities and enjoy reading. He is currently reading beyond his grade level. “
-Theresa, summer program parent
- 8 am – 3:30 pm: includes academic instruction time. This includes reading in the morning. Lunch is provided, and the afternoon consists of math and other academic enrichment activities. Reading & Math will be our primary focus during these hours.
- 3:30 – 6pm: various recreation & enrichment activities are offered during this time until parents pick up their child.
- The Summer Academic Program is offered in partnership with Kansas City Public Schools.