(to return the application, you may fax to (816) 926-9724, scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail/drop off at 5930 Swope Parkway, KCMO 64130)
2016 Summer Academic Program information for parents:
- Dates: June 6th – July 29th, Mondays – Fridays (8 weeks)
- Hours are 7:30am – 6pm
- Locations: 19 locations offered this year – click here!
- Transportation to the program and home is not provided
- Parents may only sign up their child for ONE summer program (i.e. children can’t attend Upper Room AND Boys & Girls Club, you must choose one or the other)
- You must provide an address within the KCPS boundaries in order to enroll in our summer program
“My family is so appreciative of this program and how it has helped our son over the years progress in his reading abilities and enjoy reading. He is currently reading beyond his grade level. “
-Theresa, summer program parent
- 8 am – 3:30 pm: includes academic instruction time. This includes English Language Arts (ELA) in the morning. Lunch is provided, and the afternoon consists of math and other academic enrichment activities. ELA & Math will be our primary focus during these hours.
- 3:30 – 6pm: various recreation & enrichment activities are offered during this time until parents pick up their child.
- The Summer Academic Program is offered in partnership with Kansas City Public Schools.