The Swope Corridor Renaissance/Upper Room Inc is a neighborhood-based non-for-profit organization providing high-quality programs to families in the urban core of Kansas City, MO. We have several important programs:
- The eight week Summer Academic Program for K – 8th Graders, serving almost 2,000 students each summer.
- The After School Program for K – 8th graders, serving approximately 300 students per year.
- The Child Development Center, serving children 6 weeks – 4 years old, currently serving 90 children.
- The Adult Education Program for students who want to complete their High School Equivalency.
- The Eddie Baker School of Music provides students with 30 minutes a week of private music lessons, one-on-one with a music teacher.
- Raising A Reader is our early literacy program, which is currently serving students in two elementary schools (K – 2) and 4 childcare centers (preschool).
Please contact us with any questions about our programs.